Thursday, January 30, 2014

DIY Button Heart Collage




It's time for Tried-it Tuesday. I fell in love with this Button Heart from the Crafty Texas Girls blog. A couple months ago I won a Rit Dye starter kit. Let me tell you, this kit rocks!!! It has 8 or so full-size liquid Rit dyes, a scarf, some fabric squares, rubber-bands, and a big package of buttons. (Did you know that buttons were dyeable??!!) Those button immediately came to mind when I saw this project.

Materials:
Buttons  - all shapes and sizes, but flat-backed will work best
Craft Glue
Glitter
Canvas or scrapbook paper
Picture Frame



I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the 5x7 frame I was going to use. Then I free-handed (OBVIOUSLY) a heart and the word "Love". I wasn't too worried about perfection because both would be covered up by the materials.





Next I covered the heart with craft glue and started gluing the buttons, working from the middle to the edges.




I layered the buttons until there was no more paper showing within the heart. Then I traced the wording with glue and sprinkled with glitter.



 

After everything was completely dry I removed the glass from my frame and added the collage.

This is piece one of my Valentine's Day vignette I am creating. I have several other projects I will adding along the way. Watch for the tutorials!!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...